Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hank Scorpio


I managed to catch quite possibly my favorite all-time Simpsons episode "You Only Move Twice" - Where Homer starts working for the Globex Corporation and Hank Scorpio.

There isn't a single line of Scorpio's that doesn't crack me up. Definitely my favorite one-time Simpson's character.

And it's not just Scorpio in the episode, but Bart in the special class, Marge is bored, Lisa has allergies...all gold.

I tried to find some clips online but to no avail.

Scorpio:
There's the Hammock Hut. That's on Third. There's Hammocks 'R' Us. That's on Third, too. You got Put Your Butt There. That's on Third. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot. Matter of fact they're all in the same complex. It's the Hammock Complex, down on Third.

Homer:
Oh, the Hammock District?

4 comments:

lemony said...

"Don't call me that word. I don't like things that elevate me above the other people. I'm just like you. Oh sure, I come later in the day, I get paid a lot more, and I take longer vacations, but I don't like the word 'boss'.''

Now that was the best line Scorpio said!

Zac said...

"Homer, when you get home there'll be a new story on your house"

Homer is the only person to ever defeat James Bond.

Twice!

Marisa said...

The Scorpio song at the end of the episode is the best.

"...and on Fridays the lunchroom serves hot dogs and burgers and beer...he loves German beer!"

Fantastic.

The_Suburbanite_Kidd said...

I have to say my favorite homer line/rant of all time is from the episode where Bart got a credit cardin santa's little helpers name and ended up getting another dog, and eventually losing them both!

Homer: There There boy..shut up. Crying isn't gonna bring your dog back......unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit there eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell enough like dog food that they will bring your dog back, OR you can get off your ass and go find your dog!

Bart: Your Right Dad !::runs off::

Homer: Darn! I almost had him eating dog food!