Thursday, February 14, 2008

Blah blah blah

Meeting the other day went real well, tons of shit to work on and get ready...so it's exciting times. Also met up with Sam from CollegeHumor.com - talked about the new project after this last Clock Suckers which is also very cool.

Other than that, tons of things to chip away at today.

Anybody see Cloverfield and wonder what all the hype was about? I wanted to see that movie so bad, and came out disappointed. I mean it definitely had it's cool parts, and parts that made you feel like you we're watching some disaster clip on YouTube - but overall I left wanting more from it. The monster was cool, those parasite things were cool - but I wish they showed them more.
Basically, I found myself saying this to myself throughout the movie. "Why the fuck is he still filming this? Drop the camera, shit your pants and run" - But I guess that wouldn't make for much of a movie.

Thoughts?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out this making fun of Cloverfield video made by the guys over at Black20:

http://www.black20.com/network/?s=400

Their net_work videos are particularly hilarious.

Finchy said...

I hope all these new idea's work and your hard work pays off, just don't leave all of us good loyal podcast listeners and CU fans when you make it big.

ill expect a beer at least!

Anonymous said...

You know already that I thought the movie was awesome. Really kept me on the edge of my seat. What I thought it lacked was any sort of history/origin of the monster itself. When it ended, I also wanted to see NYC get wasted. It was like the end of 300 where they dont show the epic battle scene. Ehen they cut that movie off I almost Threw the coke I was drinking. Big pet peeve of mine. Overall great movie, worth the money and so few are these days.

When am I going to see your animation on TV. Tell Comedy Central they can replace Drawn Together with anything youve done.

peace out.

Unknown said...

Ahhh, look at our lil' Mike Parker & co. trying to grow big on us. It so cute (pinches Mike's cheek)

*in the wrong context, this could sound VERY bad*

Anonymous said...

"Drop the camera, shit your pants and run - But I guess that wouldn't make for much of a movie."

Ha! On the contrary, my dear Watson. On the contrary.

cueball939 said...

There was no way I was gonna pay to go sit down somewhere and get motion sickness! I heard way too many bad things about that movie to go... Meet the Spartans on the other hand was exactly what it promised. A few good gags stretched into 90 minutes. Good for a laugh.

lemony said...

yeh cloverield was good, i liked the way the monster beated the shi out of manhatten, that was sweet XD.
but the grose bit was when some people threw up because of the motion sickeness, what a turn off....

lemony said...

I MUST CHECK MA SPELLING LAWL!!

Anonymous said...

While i have not seem it, the fact that its just another monster is frakin' annoying.